What is Artisan Handmade Soap?
- This is soap that is made specifically by hand, using only natural vegetable oils, such as avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil.
Why should I use handmade over traditional store brands?
- Handmade soaps naturally produce a humectant called glycerin. This glycerin is what puts moisture back into your skin, giving it a soft, smooth feeling. Traditional store brands pull the glycerin out of the soap making it drying, this process turns your "soap" into a detergent. (Who wants to bathe with that?)
Isn't there lye/ sodium hydroxide in natural soaps?
- Lye is used in the process of making many things that we use daily, even soap. Although it is used in the process of soap making there is no lye left in the final product that you receive. No lye= No soap
But how is there no lye left in the final product?
- The easiest way to think about this is to imagine molecules. For every one molecule of lye there is also one molecule of vegetable oil that combine together. After they combine you no longer have the two molecules you started with, but one molecule that is considered salt or soap.
Can I use this soap on my face?
- These soaps have not been formulated specifically for your face. Considering that they are handmade, and use quality ingredients then there is no harm in using them for your face.
Will this soap break me out of irritate my skin?
- These are handmade soaps with skin loving ingredients, so the soap itself will not break you out or irritate your skin. Some of the bars do how ever contain fragrance or essential oils that can become irritating to the skin.